Consent and Modification
“Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a personal profile, an email address, a home or other physical address, a phone number, banking information, or other contact information.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- in connection with any account sign-in facility (e.g. Facebook, Google+ or Twitter), your log-in details (user name, id, email address, etc.);
- you preferences (such as the frequency of alerts and notifications that we send to you), which helps us provide you with more tailored services;
- your location (see “Your location data” section below);
- pictures that you take using our air quality overlay feature in the camera section of the App;
- information from surveys that we may run on the App for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- information from surveys that we may run on the App for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content;
- details of your visits to the App, including, but not limited to: the searches you make, the resources you access, date and time stamps of App use, actions you perform (including, but not limited to: visiting pages, initiating a checkout, completing a transaction). In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies (cookies, pixel tags, etc.) within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics (potentially via third parties providing us with analytics services), but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes;
- your IP address, your mobile device type or operating system, the installation ID of the App on your smartphone, and the instance of your application. You cannot be personally identified solely from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the App and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use;
- information you provide when you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including contests, events or promotions.
You may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the App but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
Use of your Personal Information
If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the App, then such Personal Information may be used by us in the following ways:
- provide personal exposure data, alerts, notifications and personal recommendations we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, in-app, by push notification and/or by email (if provided). We or the operating system will always give you the option to opt-out of receiving further notifications or emails;
- build a profile of your preferences so we can personalize the App and provide you with relevant information;
- respond to your emails to discuss your use of the App and answer any support queries you may have;
- identify issues with the operation of the App, and provide crash reports in order to find resolution for performance issues;
- analyze, improve, and manage our services and operations;
- share with social networking sites and third-party partners at your request (e.g. pictures that you may take from the App);
- send you updates or news regarding the App and our products and the products of third parties;
- display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you based on your location, interests, as well as your activities;
- resolve problems and disputes, and engage in other legal and security matters;
- disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law or where appropriate in our opinion as a responsible company to respond to their request.
We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or our third party service providers and partners, but only to assist us with our business operations and to provide the App.
Such information may be transferred to other countries around the world. By submitting information via the App, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
Your Location Data
We are a contextual environmental data application, and to provide our service we may ask you permission for processing your location. If enabled, this happens when you install or reinstall the App on your smartphone. The location data that we collect and store are your latitude and longitude. We will retain all these kinds of location and location-related data unless and until you ask us to delete it, which you can do by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you delete your location data, you agree that we can keep your location data in aggregated and anonymized form. You can also choose not to allow us to process your location data at the time you connect to the App, or any time after that by changing the settings on your mobile device. Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your location data, we will not be able to provide you with the full benefit of the App.
We may collect and use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve the App and enhance your experience with the App. We may also disclose Anonymous Information to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of the App.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet and mobile networks is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the App whilst it is in transit over the internet or mobile networks and any such submission is at your own risk.
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other App-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails that you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving these emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails that are necessary to facilitate your use of the App.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information and keep you up-to-date in connection with services, information and/or data provided to you as part of the App’s content. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
When you interact with the App, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the App, our server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (depending on how you access the App). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your App. These are known as "session cookies". Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the App and will last for longer. These are known as "persistent cookies".
- remember that you have visited us before, which allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get; customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the App; and
- collect statistical information about how you use the App so that we can improve them and learn which parts of the App are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by our App are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the App’s features.
We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information on our App from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our App is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this App at any time or in any manner. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us as specified below, and we will work to delete that information from our databases.
If you are accessing the App from the European Economic Area, you have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the Personal Information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the App.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: email@example.com
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events, without any notice.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org